Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh Heck

How did I forget how gross the inside of dreads are?
To anyone whose face has ever been close to the back of my head, I'm so sorry.

I think I like myself best when I've had very little sleep, especially if that spreads out over the course of a few days. I find myself more creative, more productive, and less hesitant.
Last night I stayed up until 1am re-learning how to knit on double-pointed needles (fingerless gloves- I WILL master you this winter!), listening to a mix that Steve made me (I am getting an education in emo). This morning I got up in time for the food bank (around 7:30am), read a bunch of short stories, brought home excessive amounts of food, made my dad a mix cd, wrote some e-mails, and now I'm CUTTING OFF ALL OF MY HAIR.

It's ok, it's been a long time coming. I know I wrote an in-depth post a while back about how sentimental my dreads are and how I could never sacrifice them, but to be perfectly honest I've just gotten bored with them. I have the rest of my life to commit to sentimental hair stylings, for now I just want to be creative and spontaneous and shit.
Pics once the process is complete.... maybe. I'm doing this by feel and haven't looked in a mirror yet, so maybe I'll be super crushed by the results and not let anybody see my head for the next six months.

On an unrelated topic, is it normal to want to keep in touch and correspond with someone, but never ever ever ever want to see them again?

5 comments:

Uhtceara said...

the word i have to type in to leave this comment is "dreds".

Uhtceara said...

also re. correspondence - if not normal, than at least understandable.

i know the feeling.

Anonymous said...

sometimes the idea of a person is better than the reality of that person

Riot said...

Uhtceara - that's fucking cool, the word verification thing is so wacky.

Vie - that exactly sums up how I feel about this person

Adam Matlock said...

it's times like these that you'll be glad you deactivated FB. otherwise the word would get out and you'd have hundreds of randoms typing some variation of "PIXNOW" which, frankly, gets old fast.

and re the second point, I think it's totally a legit feeling - however it does become really awkward when put in the position where you are asked why you never want to see that person, even/especially if yr reasons are totally legit. And hey, that's why human interactions are flawed and difficult, and why even understanding as much doesn't make it any easier...bleh...