Thursday, November 4, 2010

bag O' milk




Today is my cat's first birthday! Even though sometimes I make fun of her intelligence or her girth, I really love her a lot. She's very sweet, and will usually sleep with me at night, sometimes under the covers. I remember tearing up the first time I ever heard her purr.
I took her to the vet this week so she could catch up on all her vaccinations, and next week I'm taking her back so she can get spayed. I really should have taken care of this sooner, but I lucked out and she's never really been outside long enough to get preggers.
There are definitely times when I realize how bad of an idea it is for young punks to have pets. I love Ruckus to pieces, but I really haven't been financially stable enough to take care of her (my mom, who referred to herself as "grandma", is footing the bill for Ruckus' medical shit). I also feel like a huge jerk whenever I go away long enough for my room mates to have to take care of her.
Oh well, regardless I'm still looking forward to many more years with her.
Happy birthday, bag of milk!

2 comments:

Uhtceara said...

video isn't working, bud!

Riot said...

Hmm, it plays for me, maybe you need a plug-in?