Sunday, November 14, 2010

seriously fuck november

A bad night is:

-Getting locked out of the apartment, late at night, with just a hoodie for outer wear.

-Not being welcome in the apartment upstairs, so unable to hang out until my room mates get home

-Not feeling comfortable at the only other house I usually go to

-Finally getting into the apartment and realizing that my cat's incision from getting spayed is bleeding

-Taking a cab to my mom's house, picking up her car, and driving to the emergency animal hospital in Burnside (getting lost on the way) at 2am.

-Hearing from the vet that Ruckus' condition was "pretty awful" and that she needs an e-collar, anti-biotics, and surgery.

-Paying for afore-mentioned e-collar and anti-biotics

-Crying in the corner of my bedroom because somehow my cat managed to slip out of her collar and I had no idea how to put it back on her and she was terrified and wouldn't hold still and smelled really strongly of blood and I feel like a fucking failure.

I managed to get the collar back on, and she's finally settled down, but I don't know for how long. Also, she's sleeping on my blankets which are in a heap, so I'd have to move her to use them. Maybe I'll just sleep without blankets tonight.
I have to take her to her usual vet first thing on monday morning, which really fucking sucks because that means I'll have to miss the "field trip" that my work is taking. Instead of going to the south shore and planting garlic for an organic vineyard (I've been looking forward to this since my interview), I'm going to take my cat to get cut open again because I'm a terrible pet owner.

To make matters worse, it's been exactly one year and one day since everything went to shit last year. Maybe I'm cursed to have shit fall apart mid-november?

No comments: