Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh good, we made it.

The show was excellent, there were lots of familiar faces and a few new ones. My dad came and hung out and made friends with a weird dude (who later came up to me and assured me my dad was a solid guy), which makes me super happy. My dad is such a huge fan of all my friends. He was telling me that he was trying to explain the whole DIY folk punk scene to the people he works with (he works on Parliament hill for the federal NDP) and was apparently getting frustrated by how no one believed him that people like us exist. I'm sure that by this time next year we'll have my dad fully converted and he'll be throwing bricks and riding trains and playing a banjo.

Today I have heartburn and a sore throat (I can't help myself, when folks sing along to our band I sing along too. Forget about having actual parts that I'm supposed to sing, I just destroy my voice shouting along for the whole set), but I'm feeling good. It's nice to hang out with Steve again and actually get out of my house and be with friends.

On the agenda for today is reorganizing my room to make half of it into an office/studio/workspace where I can set up my sewing machine and a drawing table and a computer desk and shit. Exciting first project of the year! Once it's all together I'll sort through the photos I took of the show and maybe post some here or on the DIY Halifax page.

I love you guys. If we can make it through 2010 we can make it through anything.
<3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The show the other night was amazing, I'm so glad I went and was able to meet so many awesome people! I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know everyone better and going to a lot more stuff like this in 2011 :D

- One of the new faces