Friday, January 7, 2011

Living the Dream

Steve hit the nail right on the head today. He and I have been so busy and so productive since he got back to Halifax that neither of us has had time to be sad or crazy or self-destructive. Other than one or two difficult moment with my family, things have been swell!
Last night I tuckered myself out by playing Super Mario World with Steve until about 2am. Woke up this morning with my arms around an amazing guy, then booked it home to quickly prepare for a women's circle I was leading at my old high school on medicinal herbs and plants. (I love that school, I love those girls, I am so excited to help take over the Women's Circle curriculum!)
Steve and I then spent the afternoon running around Bayer's Lake, shopping and anti-shopping. I picked up a bunch of clothes at Value Village that I can alter and sell (trying my hardest to not need a second job), we got some treats at Bulk Barn and wandered blissfully around Chapters for quite a while.
When we got back to the city I played more video games while he recorded some songs with the Rumble Strips, then I came home and got right to sewing. It was like fate, I found a folding card table on the walk home! It was a little awkward to carry, but it has a handle and is already covered in paint stains from the previous owner's projects. One of the legs is a little fucked up, but it fits nicely into the Little Office (what I'm now calling the back chunk of my room, which Steve helped me organize into an art/working/sewing space.
Picking up my friend Molly at the airport would have been the perfect end to a perfect day, but after milling around the airport for over an hour her partner and I figured that maybe something about her flight was different than we'd thought...
Now it's the wee hours of the morning, but I'm not that tired so I'm going to finish up this skirt I started earlier. Then sleep, then work, then band practice, then probably some more craftiness. Too busy to be crazy, too productive to be sad! I hope I can keep this pace until March!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

yeaaaaaaaah!
i wanna see the clothes yr making.

Riot said...

Yeah! I'm going to post some pictures of the stuff we've been working on really soon, probably tonight.