Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why wood burning is awesome: it's as if I'm drawing with dark brown ink that smells like a camp fire. What could be better?

Last night Mistake Makers and Stagnant Stars played Rockin' 4 Dollars down at Reflections Cabaret. While hanging out in bars has worked it's way down to the bottom of the list of things I like to do, we had a great time. We played some pool, laughed at the shitty (but brave) bands, and played what we all considered to be an awesome set. We didn't win any money (or a deep fryer...) but we're stoked to go back and try again next week.

Today has been more Scrabble and art making and snuggling and coffee drinking. I made a pudding cake that tasted more like the box it was in than cake, but I guess you have to make do when everything you eat comes from a food bank. I've applied for a zillion jobs, but haven't heard anything back. I feel just like I did last year. Where's my windfall, world?

No comments: