Thursday, December 30, 2010

tippy tower

I find it ironic that on the same day I'm given an amazing new camera by a close friend, two other close friends tell me that I'm a lousy photographer, that the last two years worth of photos I've taken might as well not exist.
I was going to turn this into a photo blog in the new year, and post at least one picture every single day. After last night, I figured I'd just give up and stop taking photos all together.
Right now I'm sort of back to square one, where I'm going to try to figure out this new camera (it was given to me because it's broken. there's some loose connections and the lens is stuck zoomed in a little), but from now on be extra careful about the pictures I choose to share with people.
Today I fucked around with the new camera during a game of Jenga with Cory, Ryley, Matt, Jawsh, Sonny, Kelly, Birdee, and Cud. The focus is really finicky, but I like the colours on this camera much more.









Thanks, Cory.

p.s. upon further review, the thumbnails for the pictures look really shitty and compressed. I'd recommend clicking-through to the larger size.

4 comments:

Cera said...

I don't think that you should feel discouraged from posting pictures. Just keep at it is what I say.

Celeste said...

fuck those people. fuck art snobs. the point of making art is to capture things that are meaningful to you and that's what makes them beautiful, so if anyone's concerned about quality tell them you're doing your best and they're a fucking wanky piece of shit.
grrrrrr.

Uhtceara said...

what celeste said.

these are great, also.
keep making beautiful things.

Riot said...

Thanks all. It's been worked out and they apologized, but I'm glad that this has been brought up so they can think about how what they say can affect people.
I probably wont do a photo a day, but I might try and do a solid photo update once a week or so.