Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More from our tour

We've had a few more shows and several days off.
We spent a few days in Ottawa, which was super lovely. I really miss my dad and my brother, and I'm super lucky for how supportive they are of everything I do.
The Ottawa show was amazing, but impossible to photograph. Not only was the basement tiny, dark, and super crowded, but I ended up socializing to the point of missing a bunch of the bands that played. (whoops). Very unlike me!
Our set went over extremely well, and the crowd was really enthusiastic. It was especially nice to be surrounded by good friends we don't get to see very often, and to share with them what we've been working on over the last year.
We're in Guelph now, at Cory's new house. I feel much more comfortable here than I did at his old place, which was like a black hole of despair.  The show last night was nice, especially because our pal Jeffery from New Haven happened to be in town and opened for us. We first met him almost exactly a year ago when the Official Suckers toured through the states. I'm happy that we've been able to create these lasting relationships with folks from all over.
The band that headlined last night played some super fun pop-punk, and are going to join us tomorrow night at our show in Kitchener. Hopefully I'll be able to take better shots of them there! Then again, I'll be celebrating my birthday at that show so I might just have fun and dance.


Cute friends



Adventuring through the horribly slushy streets of the capital city



Black Is The Color, our friend from New Haven, CT



Mark It Zero, from Kitchener, ON

No comments: