Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jiggity Jig



I'm home I'm home I'm home I'm home!

Ever since I was a kid, I've never been able to spend more than a couple of weeks away from this city without getting super duper homesick. It's weird, I love to travel, but this city is so comfortable and welcoming to me.

I was super close to spending this rainy day lounging around, taking a day to get back into Halifax mode, but honestly I can't afford to do that. I love my home and my friends and my family and my cat, and none of them are going to benefit unless I get off my ass and get a job.

Ok, so I did lounge around a little today in the guise of a 4 hour chess & coffee date (swoon). Whatever, I think it was productive! Apparently I can play chess? Weird!

It was also beneficial since all the resumes I have printed off are in my closet (buried under everything I own), which for the moment is still sub-let, so since I was already downtown I was able to print off some shiny fresh resumes at the library.

I handed out 4, and I've already got an interview set up for tomorrow! It may be at a super bourgeois crepe restaurant, currently gentrifucking an amazing North End neighborhood, but it's something. Also, it's potentially a position as a line cook, which would be some super awesome experience.

I also applied at an Indian take-out place, and for some reason I reeeeally want them to call me. Is that weird? There's just something so comforting about the idea of spending the winter up to my elbows in curry.

No comments: